[Release] BoulderCaves+, a Krissz Engine compatible remake

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

Agetian

Post by Agetian »

Should be fixed in the upcoming version, you can test the changes in the current upstream source. I changed the font visualization in C64 mode so that it uses standard-sized letters - sadly, it means a little less text can be fit into things, but at least it doesn't cause weird side effects because the downscaled letters are sub-tile size :)

If everything works fine, I'll release a new version tomorrow with these fixes in.

- Agetian
zsom

Post by zsom »

Agetian

Intermission is fine.
The font in c64-style is much better now.

Thank you.
Agetian

Post by Agetian »

Thanks a lot for the input, guys! I wish you all a happy New Year!

UPDATE (12/31/21): Version 1.1.4 has been released. It's a bugfix/polish release that addresses the following issues:

* Fixed scrolling in intermission caves in C64 mode. Now intermission caves do not scroll and only show the top left corner of the cave.
* Improved visualization of text and popups in C64 mode, now the font is larger, so there's less allowed amount of text, but there are no glitches with sub-tile rendering (oddly colored tiles, gaps between letters, etc.)
* Fixed the text centering routine which in some cases broke through the boundary of the popup window (will now break text mid-word if necessary in order to stay within bounds).

- Agetian
zsom

Post by zsom »

Agetian

I also wish you and everyone on the forum a happy new year.

May Boulderdash be with us ...
Agetian

Post by Agetian »

Thank you so much, zsom! :)
Yeah, absolutely!

- Agetian
BadDog73

Post by BadDog73 »

This is great!

I have some issues to report

-timing seems a little uneven rather than smooth. I have a fast Ryzen PC so it doesn't seem to be a hardware limitation.

-I tried playing Boulderdash 1&2 bcdff files from the download section, but there are errors.

-slight flashing while scrolling. Just a little bit uncomfortable.