New Sga Project

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

paul_nicholls

Post by paul_nicholls »

subotai wrote:Thanks for testing :D It's an official beta release. I hope that there are only a few minor bugs left. As far as I can judge, it runs very stable.

I'm just working an a tileset with my own C64 style graphics that is almost finished. I will be included in the next release.
Nice :)
subotai

Post by subotai »

Here is a screenshot :wink: :

I think that I will add the feature for PLCK, BD1 & BD2 games that the top and bottom lines are not scanned. Maybe I will just use the bit for the breakscan or the diagonal walking as these two features are not supported in my remake instead of changing the version of the file format.

Cave 16 of Arno Dash 17 is also solvable without this feature.
subotai

Post by subotai »

A new release can be downloaded on my homepage.

I implemented some PLCK, Bd1, Bd2 and CrLi engine specific features, like "Don't scan the top & bottom line" (Bd1,Bd2,PLCK) or "move element from bottom to top line" (CrLi) for a better support in Future Dash for example.

Record and playback of demos/replays is possible again. I also fixed some timer issues and the inbox hatching is framebased again.

Here is the direct link:
secretgoaf141beta.zip
... or check the first post of this thread to get the link to my homepage.

Enjoy playing :-)
paul_nicholls

Post by paul_nicholls »

Thanks mate, I will try it, maybe tonight :)

cheers,
Paul
subotai

Post by subotai »

Hi Paul, I think it's worth a try.

There is a problem with the gamespeed in CrLi Games. If you set the cave delay to 0, the speed is too fast. Most games should be playable however. I already fixed that for the next release. And I'm not very lucky with some other things, but I work on that.
paul_nicholls

Post by paul_nicholls »

I did download, but I was very tired and just crashed into bed...I will give it a go tonight :)
subotai

Post by subotai »

Here is an Update with many fixes and improvements. Many levelsets are included.
- EDITOR: Drag & Drop of levelset files and memory dumps from explorer
- Some more levelsets added (92 levelsets are included)
- Fixed problems with gamespeed
- Fixed Wrong import of Levelnames in PLCK engine games
- Fixed some minor bugs in editor
- Some changes in editor
- Default scroll type is set to "adjusted"
- Update of Chm-Helpfile
- New feature: falling boulder can destroy voodoo doll
- New feature: Optional time penalty when voodoo doll is destroyed
- Improved calculation of Inbox Hatching Frames in PLCK and CrLi games
- Delayed movement after hatching in CrLi engine games
subotai

Post by subotai »

Update to revision 1.4.3 beta

The update includes the new game "Secret Goaf - Puzzle Party" that takes advantage of the new intermission mode. It's a game with 20 intermissions and without caves ;-) . The game is not very hard, but some intermissions are a bit tricky to solve.
- New Levelset: Secret Goaf - Puzzle Party
- New Audio menu with some new options
- Support for music playback of m3u- & m3u8-playlists (Unicode support only for m3u8)
- Updated the following games: Frettchen Dash 05, Lost Levels 3, Unlimited Deluxe 01
- Increased maximum game speed for PLCK engine games
- Starting number of lives can be set to "infinite"
- Show total number of caves & levels in cave selection screen
- Don't record demo if timelimit is disabled
- Fixed wrong file extension for high score files
- some minor fixes in game engine (improved C64 compatiblity)
- Updated chm-help file
- Better tolerance for demo files
- Corrupt demo files can be fixed
- No temporary file for testing caves in editor needed
- Improved calculation of Inbox Hatching for some PLCK games
- Set range of acid speed & inbox hatching in editor
- Range For Acid Speed (0..255)
- Range For Inbox Hatching Time (2..100)
- Default settings for different engines in editor
- Some other fixes in editor
Here is the download: secretgoaf143beta.zip
CWS

Post by CWS »

Somehow the fullscreen mode does not work here. Only black screen. Do you use a real full screen or only window mode without borders? Real full screen is the best in my opinion.

Are there C64 Boulder Dash graphics available, too?
subotai

Post by subotai »

Thanks for the feedback.
CWS wrote:Somehow the fullscreen mode does not work here. Only black screen. Do you use a real full screen or only window mode without borders? Real full screen is the best in my opinion.
I use real fullscreen with SDL. What is your OS? I think that this could be a problem with the fullscreen settings. Please try the following version and let me know, if the problem is solved. You don't have to rename the exe-file. Just copy it to the game folder and run it. If you use the editor with it, you have to rename it to sga.exe. sgatest150214.zip
CWS wrote:Are there C64 Boulder Dash graphics available, too?
Yes, and also sfx. Here is a package with both, sound effects and graphics. The sound effects are taken from gdash! Thanks cirix for creating these effects. I know how much time it takes to create such things. gfxsfxpackage.zip

Some games as "Secret Goaf - Puzzle Party" are using custom settings. If you want to use other settings for these games, edit the inifile in the levelset folder or go to the options menu and set "Use Custom Settings" to "No".

The current version has a bug:
If the playlist is not available or empty, the program will crash if you try to start a levelset. This bug is already fixed in the test-version of this post.

Best regards
CWS

Post by CWS »

Thank you! I'll try that and let you know!

Only one thing: If you use real full screen how can I choose a specific screen resolution for fullscreen?
subotai

Post by subotai »

CWS wrote:If you use real full screen how can I choose a specific screen resolution for fullscreen?
You can't. Fullscreen mode is only available in a resolution of 640*480 pixels with a color depth of 32 bpp. But if you need to change the screen resolution or the color depth for fullscreen mode, I can implement this for the next release. Should not be a big problem.
CWS

Post by CWS »

Yes, this would be nice! Just to be on the save side for future systems...

Edit: Still no fullscreen. Maybe I should add that fullscreen is working if I start the game via Explorer by doubleclicking. But I'm using it on an arcade cabinet with Maximus Arcade frontend. As soon as I start it via the frontend fullscreen results in black screen (but sound can be heared).
subotai

Post by subotai »

CWS wrote:Still no fullscreen. Maybe I should add that fullscreen is working if I start the game via Explorer by doubleclicking.
I hope that it works in the new release. I made some changes in the initialisation of SDL & OpenGL.

Version 1.4.5 Beta
- More selectable window and fullscreen resolutions
- Stretch graphics (optional)
- Added Cover Effect (optional)
- Show cave type in cave selection screen (Cave or Intermission)
- Show Hidden Exit (optional)
- Added list of fixed games (subfolder notes)
- Added some more levelsets (more than 180 levelsets included)
- Added demo files for the two "Secret Goaf" levelsets
- Some minor improvements concerning the joystick and keyboard input
- Updated CHM help file

FIXES:

- Fixed crash when M3U-Playlist is not present
- Added missing adjustment when sound or music volume has changed
- Fixed bug in demo playback in warp mode
- Fixed bug that sometimes caused an unpredictable slime permeability
- Improved C64 compatibility for effect: element converts to HeroBirth or Inbox
- Fixed import of some C64-games (editor)
- Higher tolerance for import of memory dumps with corrupt data
- Fixed wrong prefix in the name of the cave author
- Some more fixes in editor
There was a bug that caused a crash when no M3U-Playlist was present and changing the sound or music volume didn't work without restarting the application. There also was a minor bug when displaying the name of the cave author in the
editor. This shouldn't have caused any problems when saving a levelset. There was also a problem in the playback of demos in fast mode (warp mode) by holding down the Tab-Key. Some frame drops when jumping to next cave caused an inaccurate playback. There was also a bug that caused an unpredictable slime permeability. All these bugs have been fixed.

I also improved the compatibility to the C64 fangames for the effect "element converts to HeroBirth or Inbox". Check the levelset "Monsterdash - Cave 45" where a bouncing boulder converts to a HeroBirth stage. Finally, I imported a few more C64 fangames and fixed the import of some fangames. One problem was that the editor didn't accept the import of caves without an Outbox. If there is no Outbox, the cave is unsolvable. Now, a warning message is shown when you import a cave without an Outbox and you have to put the outbox by yourself somewhere in the cave.

In the video mode settings, you can choose between all available Window and Fullscreen resolutions with a pixel depth of 32 BPP. Disable "Stretch Graphics" in the options menu to keep the original 4:3 aspect ratio. The lowest supported resolution is 320x240 pixels. If you select a resolution lower than 640x480 and "Stretch Graphics" is not enabled, the graphics will be shown in a resolution of 320x240 pixels surrounded by a black border. The Cover Effect is a new visual feature. It doesn't affect the gameplay. The Cover Effect is disabled by default. You can enable it in the options menu. Note that the levelset" Secret Goaf" uses custom ini settings. The Cover Effect is always turned off for this game. If you don't want to use the presets of the custom inifiles, go to the options menu and set "Use Custom Settings" to "no" or delete the corresponding inifile. A Hidden Exit is an Outbox that looks like a Steel Wall, even if it has opend after collecting the needed amount of diamonds. In some caves, it is really hard and annoying to find the Hidden Exit. If you enable "Show Hidden Exit", all Hidden Exits will be replaced by normal Exits.

Here is the download:
secretgoaf145beta.zip (size: 2,02 MB)
subotai

Post by subotai »

Version 1.4.6 Beta

Due to a bug in the scrolling routine of the Cover Effect, some caves couldn't be played when the Cover Effect was enabled. You can check cave 6 of the levelset Falcon Dash - Dark Cave for this issue. This bug has been fixed in the new release. In the new release, the Cover Effect is enabled by default. You can disable this effect in the "video settings" menu. In the subfolder "info", you can find a list of fixed levelsets and a sorted list of levelsets with some informations about the levelsets.

secretgoaf146beta.zip (size: 2,03 MB)